About the Program
AHAM is the Voice of the Home Appliance Industry
As the leading trade association for the home appliance industry, AHAM is committed to delivering value to consumers through leadership, education and advocacy. Since 1967, AHAM has tested products using an independent laboratory and reported the results in a searchable directory.
Testing through AHAM is not a market requirement. However, manufacturers who voluntarily join AHAM’s Verification Programs demonstrate a high level of commitment to earning and keeping consumers’ trust.
That’s because products
AHAM Verification Programs
AHAM Verification Programs have been an important part of AHAM services since the Association’s inception. The programs provide a uniform and practical verification of energy, volume and certain performance criteria for each product, with an independent laboratory performing the verification testing. AHAM is recognized by the EPA as a Certification Body (CB) and approved to administer verification testing for purposes of the ENERGY STAR program.
These products may be selected at any time for verification testing, ensuring the product’s energy consumption rating is consistent with the measured energy consumption.
Manufacturers that participate in the programs are identified by the AHAM Verifide Mark that appears on the product packaging or rating label.
How the Program Works
- Appliance manufacturer participation in the program is voluntary and independent of AHAM membership.
- Any manufacturer that distributes appliances in the United States and/or Canada can participate. AHAM’s air cleaner program is open to manufacturers or brand owners that distribute beyond the United States and/or Canada.
- Each manufacturer submits its certified values to the independent testing laboratory for incorporation into a directory of certified products. These directories are always posted online and available for consumer access anytime. Browse the AHAM Verifide Products Search Directory
- Products are randomly selected and tested at the independent testing laboratory. A product’s volume or size, energy, and for some products, performance criteria are verified.
- If a product falls out of compliance with its claimed ratings, the product cannot bear the AHAM Verifide Mark.