AHAM Verification Programs
AHAM Verification Programs have been an important part of AHAM services since the Association’s inception. The programs provide a uniform and practical verification of energy, volume and certain performance criteria for each product, with an independent laboratory performing the verification testing. AHAM is recognized by the EPA as a Certification Body (CB) and approved to administer verification testing for purposes of the ENERGY STAR® program. Products may be selected at any time for verification testing, ensuring the product’s energy consumption rating is consistent with the measured energy consumption.
Manufacturers that participate in the programs are identified by the AHAM Verifide® logo and seal that appear on the product packaging.
How the Program Works
- Participation in the program by appliance manufacturers is voluntary and independent of AHAM membership.
- The AHAM Verifide® program for air cleaners is open to manufacturers or brand owners that distribute products anywhere in the world.
- Each manufacturer submits its certified values to the independent testing laboratory for incorporation into a directory of certified products. These directories are always posted online.
- Products are randomly selected and tested at the independent testing laboratory.
- If a product falls out of compliance with its claimed ratings, the product cannot bear the AHAM Verifide® mark.